Even if we are a fashion magazine, food features heavily on the pages of Vilda – we are lovers of all things delicious! That’s something our Food Editor, Sara Carraro, knows well. Her delightful creations, such as the Grilled Bruschetta Sandwich or the Tofush Pudding make the team hungry – but we’re also dreaming of travelling to her home town of Stockholm with her extensive guide to all things tasty and Scandi. Read on for more about Sara.
- Where in the world are you based?
- What do you love about being on Team Vilda?
To be among such inspiring and amazing people and to get the opportunity to raise awareness about the subject that matters the most to me, which is vegan living.
- What’s your favourite piece that you’ve done for Vilda?
When I started to write about my vegan lifestyle, oddly enough it wasn’t about the food that I ate. I wasn’t that interested in food in the first place but it grew to become one of my biggest passions.
So my favourite piece for Vilda must be the first recipe that I wrote – a Swedish classic with a twist, Smörgåstårta. Because one year earlier I never would have thought that I would have a recipe published in a magazine. And especially not in one of my favourite ones! That was and is big to me.
- Describe your personal style in three words.
Details, colours, glitter.
- Who are your style icons?
Lana del Rey and Beyoncé. I think that they are two very beautiful, stylish and inspiring women.
- What’s your favourite food?
Vegan chili cheese tops. I´m a cheese girl.
- What’s the last song you listened to?
Burnt Norton – Interlude by Lana Del Rey. I love it and listen to it every once in a while.
It´s more a poem than a song, which I find it beautiful. Deep, clever and thought-provoking.
- What are some places that you dream of visiting?
It´s always been one of my biggest dreams to go to Zambia and South Africa to work as a volunteer with chimps and orphaned rhinos.
- What would you do if you won £10million in the lottery tomorrow?
I would buy a big house in the country and open a sanctuary for homeless animals and hens that have spent their life in the egg industry.
- If you were reincarnated as an animal, what would you be?
A cat. I love to eat, sleep and philosophise.
- What’s your favourite colour?
- What’s the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
Taking my driver’s license. I was terrified of driving before I took my license.
- Would you do it again?
Absolutely, it´s one of the best things I’ve ever done and if I’m gonna win £10million and live in the country then I will need to have a car!
- Who would play you in a movie about your life?
I´m a bit of a clown, so probably Katy Perry or Zooey Deschanel.
- What’s your favourite quote?
What you allow is what will continue.