The new season has arrived and with it a variety of fabrics, hues and textures taken straight from the catwalks. We’re reveling in new colour combinations, accessories to die for and cool updates of past eras. Here are a few trends that we will be rocking this season – the veganised way, of course.
Erdem – Peter Pilotto- Balmain – Mother of Pearl
The ultimate feminine statement piece, ruffles are back with a vengeance – but wear yours in a pared-back, modern way. Use them to add a romantic touch to tougher separates, such as ripped jeans or biker details. Statement ruffles help dress up minimalist lines for a look that’s essential yet attention-catching.
1. Miri Jumpsuit at Reformation
3. Ruffled romper at ASOS Curve
4. Pintuck ruffle dress at Cynthia Rowley
5. Tennessee Dress at Reformation
Whether you like it casual or chic, denim is (still) your best friend this season. With flared trousers, pleated skirts and sculptural tops, romantic dresses and girly jumpsuits, the blue all-time favourite was all over the catwalks and with good reason – this wardrobe classic is more versatile than ever before.
1. Raw denim Ashleigh top at Stella McCartney
2. Gelden Light Vintage top at ACNE Studios
3. Woody Linen Denim jacket at ACNE Studios
4. Lena denim romper at Armed Angels
5. Frill Sleeve Angel top at ASOS
6. Raw denim Elsa skirt at Stella McCartney
7. Super Wide Leg Jean with Raw Hem at ASOS
Alexander Wang – Calvin Klein – Céline – Givenchy
Slip into Style
Kate Moss wore it. So did Courtney Love. And Cher in Clueless. The ultimate 90s style classic, the slip dress, is the one must-buy item this summer. Slinky and delicate, this is one design that will look irreverently chic under a chunky cardigan as well as a masculine tuxedo jacket. Pair yours with timeless Converse for day and switch to platform sandals at night to truly channel grunge-girl cool.
- Piece of Mind slip dress at Free People
- Cleobella Palermo dress at Unicorn Goods
- Mini Cami slip dress at ASOS
- Dyspnea Golddigger Pom Pom slip dress at Nasty Gal
Prabal Gurung – Boss – Tory Burch – The Row
The Cold Shoulder
A little sliver of skin showing is much more seductive than letting it all hang out, as these images of ever-so-slightly revealing designs show. Collarbones are sexy – that’s a fact. So show yours off in some of this season’s most refined and versatile designs.
- The Dress at Vetta Capsule
2. Nadia Dress at Reformation
3. Jaclyn Dress at Reformation
4. Dylan Dress at Cleo Bella
Stars and…Nah, Make it Just Stripes
Stripes have never looked as bold as they do this season – vibrant colours and daring patterns take centre stage. Go for a striped detail or dare to go fully horizontal (or vertical) with this look-at-me trend.
2. Sailor Stripe Jumpsuit at Anthropologie
3. Meemoza pullover top at Modavanti
4. Striped Dartmouth trousers at Stella McCartney
Header photo by Kris Atomic. Other photos via VOGUE.com
Compiled by Marina Colerato, Sascha Camilli, Elisa Brunke, Djuna Da Silva and Stephanie Villano.