Are you dreading bringing your feet out of hibernation? Yeah, us too. After months of being safely tucked away in our cosy winter boots, our feet are desperate for some attention! Dry, cracked heels, overgrown cuticles and dull nails can look unsightly and make you feel self-conscious about your feet.
Home pedicures are a quick and carefree way to beautify neglected feet: a pampering at-home treatment can help remove dead skin cells, boost the circulation, condition and hydrate the skin, soothe aches and pains and enhance the appearance of the feet and nails. If you can’t get to the salon, give our home pedicure a try so you can show your feet off in your prettiest sandals all summer long (weather permitting!).
1. Start by soaking your feet in a bowl of warm water. Add a handful of soothing Neal’s Yard Remedies Lavender Bath Salts and a couple of drops of a refreshing essential oil such as peppermint, lime or grapefruit.
2. Remove any existing nail polish with Fresh Therapies EDEN Natural Nail Polish Remover, then cut and file your nails. Make sure you cut the nails straight across to prevent ingrowing toenails.
3. Use SpaRitual Cuti-Cocktail Pen & Pusher to condition the cuticles and encourage healthy nail growth. Massage the oil into your cuticles to soften and nourish them, then use the pusher to gently push back your cuticles using small, circular movements.
4. Use a foot file to gently buff away hard skin, then use PHB Ethical Beauty Foot Scrub Bar with Dead Sea Salt & Orange to soften and remove dead skin cells. Pay particular attention to your heel and ball of the foot as these areas are prone to a build-up of hard skin.
5. Apply Lush Volcano Foot Mask to soften and improve the appearance of your feet, then place them inside large food bags or cling film. Wrap warmed towels around your feet – the heat will aid the absorption of the mask – and sit back and relax for 15-20 minutes. You could use this time to give yourself a hand, face or head massage.
6. Wash off the mask and pat your feet dry. Apply Live Native Fresh Feet Therapeutic Moisturising Foot Balm and spend a few minutes massaging it in to all parts of your feet to deeply moisturise and revitalise.
7. Wipe over your nails with nail polish remover again to remove any grease. Apply a base coat then choose your favourite nail colour – brights are perfect for summer – and paint your nails using three neat strokes down the middle and either side of the nail. We love 100 Percent Pure Creamy Polish in Watermelon. Finish with a top coat and allow your nails to dry thoroughly.
Header photo by Elien Smid via Pixabay