There’s a reason that natural, barely-there makeup is a classic look; after all, less is more, right? But it’s not as easy as forgetting to put makeup on in the morning (we wish); there’s more to the au naturel look than meets the eye.
This season, no-makeup makeup is back once again -but this time, matte is out and lustre is in. Dewy, luminous skin and glossy lips were spotted at Chloé, Lanvin, Marni, Marc by Marc Jacobs and Ralph Lauren to name but a few.
This look is all about subtly enhancing your features and creating a fresh, healthy glow. Let your natural beauty shine through – flaunt your freckles, don’t hide them!
1. Start with Lily Lolo BB Cream all over your face (including your eyelids) to even out your skin tone and give a light, natural and radiant finish. If you prefer a fuller coverage, apply a little of your favourite mineral foundation on top of the BB cream.
2. Use Gabriel Cosmetics Concealer to cover any blemishes or under eye shadows for a flawless yet natural-looking complexion.
3. Apply 100 Per Cent Pure Fruit Pigmented Pink Champagne Luminescent Face Powder to the apples of your cheeks for a subtle, healthy glow.
4. Sweep Alima Pure Highlighter in Lumina over your cheekbones, across your temples and down the bridge of your nose to illuminate your skin. Use a fine brush to add a little to the inner corners of your eyes.
5. If your brows need filling in, opt for a powder rather than a pencil for a softer, more subtle look. Try Tropic’s Brow Define Palette, which contains a powder and a highlighter to enhance your natural brow shape.
6. Apply a neutral eye shadow all over your lids to softly define your eyes. Afterglow Cosmetics Organic Infused Eco Eye Shadow in Horizon is perfect.
7. Curl your lashes to open up your eyes, then apply a coat or two of Beauty Without Cruelty Ultimate Natural Mascara on the top lashes only. Choose the walnut brown shade for fair lashes and black for darker lashes.
8. Finish the look by applying a tinted lip balm or a nude-pink lip gloss such as PHB Ethical Beauty’s Natural Lipgloss in Grace.
Header photo by Alexander Shustov via Unsplash