Natural beauty is what we’re all about at Team Vilda – the power of natural ingredients reigns supreme when it comes to our bathroom cabinets. That’s why we can’t wait to read our resident natural beauty guru Jessica’s pieces – a holistic therapist and beauty blogger (we love her blog Cruelty-Free Cottage), Jessica specialises in all things floral and fragrant that work wonders for skin, hair and more. A beauty business owner from idyllic Cornwall, Jessica shares her 15 questions below.
- Where in the world are you based? Cornwall, UK.
- What do you love about being on Team Vilda? I love being part of a teamof like-minded individuals who are passionate about showing the world just how chic vegan fashion and beauty can be.
- What’s your favourite piece that you’ve done for Vilda? Probably Natural DIY Recipes for Beautiful Hair. I had fun developing and testing the recipes! I’m an advocate of natural beauty products, and it’s great to make your own if you have time.
- Describe your personal style in three words. Feminine, classic, preppy.
- Who are your style icons? Victoria Beckham, Taylor Swift and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.
- What’s your favourite food? I love a good mushroom risotto or anything with Mediterranean veg. I do have a sweet tooth though and I love making my own vegan cakes, biscuits and desserts. Oh, and Vego bars are quite possibly the best chocolate ever created!
- What’s the last song you listened to? Make Your Own Kind of Music by Mama Cass Elliot. I’ve just finished watching the whole series of Lost and I have been listening to the soundtrack.
- What are some places that you dream of visiting? Sweden is top of my list as I’d love to visit the country of my roots. I’d also love to go to New York, Paris, Italy, Norway, Iceland and India.
- What would you do if you won £10million in the lottery tomorrow? I would buy a house, help out my family and friends, do some travelling, give loads to animal charities and expand my business.
- If you were reincarnated as an animal, what would you be? A dog – you don’t have any worries, you get to sleep loads and go on long walks in the countryside. What more could you want?
- What’s your favourite colour? Pink. I don’t wear a lot of pink though – my wardrobe contains a lot of black, burgundy, khaki, navy and blues.
- What’s the scariest thing you’ve ever done? Walked (actually I ran) home on my own in a huge overhead thunderstorm. I was terrified I was going to be struck by lightning.
- Would you do it again? Not unless I absolutely had to! I do love thunderstorms; I just prefer watch from the safety of indoors.
- Who would play you in a movie about your life? Emma Watson.
- What’s your favourite quote? “…The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look on the murder of men.” ― Leonardo da Vinci
Read all of Jessica’s pieces here