Valentines Day says one thing to me.
Oh yes, love. Love too.
Seriously though, chocolate and roses are your staple for the 14th of February and when it comes to chocolate – we have got your back!
If you’re planning a special meal – you can’t go past this amazing desert. It’s beyond delicious, super rich, simple to make and 100% vegan.
Time: 2 hours to set. 5 minutes for serving.
Makes: 4 chocolate pots
You will need: nice serving dishes or glasses. You can always use wine glasses!
200g High-quality dark chocolate (vegan)
1 cup Organic Soy milk.
1/4 cup Organic Agave Syrup
1 Tbsp Sunflower Spread (or your favourite Vegan Butter)
2 pinches of Sea Salt
500g Fresh Raspberries
2 tbsp White Sugar
1) Begin by placing a small amount of water in a saucepan with a large mixing bowl on top. Make sure the bottom of the bowl isn’t touching the water. Put on medium heat.
2) Break up all your dark chocolate and place in the bowl. Let it melt, stirring occasionally. Once melted turn the heat right down.
3) Add your sunflower spread and half the soy milk and stir consistently until all mixed together smoothly. This is the only stage where your mixture is in danger of curdling. To avoid that (or save it!) just keep stirring vigorously and add a bit more soy milk.
4) Add remaining soy milk, agave and salt to your mix and combine all smoothly.
5) Divide your mixture into serving pots and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours to chill.
6) For your sugared raspberries simply (use the nicest, juiciest raspberries you can source) roll each one in a small amount of white sugar.
7) Lay on a plate, not touching each other and leave for an hour to set.
8) Now, all your elements should be ready! I served mine with an accompaniment of fresh raspberries and shaved dark chocolate.
9) Enjoy! And Happy Valentines Day.