Our Wellness Writer Laura is somewhat of a superhero – co-owner of one of our our favourite vegan brands, Miakoda New York, she is also a yoga teacher. How does she find time to contribute to Vilda, you might ask? Well, we’re glad she does – she’s our resident yoga, fitness and health expert and we’re so glad we have her to keep us on the healthy, vibrant, happy track.
1. Where in the world are you based? Boston and New York, USA
2. What do you love about being on Team Vilda? I love to share what I care about with others, and to be surrounded by those who love to do the same.
3. What’s your favourite piece that you’ve done for Vilda? I’ll let you know in a few months!
4. Describe your personal style in three words. Minimalistic, athletic, simple.
5. Who are your style icons? I’m most often found in yoga clothes! I really admire and am drawn to those who practice and proliferate compassionate fashion.
6. What’s your favourite food? I love grilled sweet potatoes, quinoa, avocados, and lentil stew.
7. What’s the last song you listened to? I am all about Nick Drake this autumn.
8. What are some places that you dream of visiting? I would love to tour through Europe and go to India and the west coast of Australia. Also, some of the United States’ national parks and Sedona, Arizona.
9. What would you do if you won 10million in the lottery tomorrow? Save enough for myself and family to eat local/organic and to live in eco-homes/travel sustainably. Maybe open up a fabulous yoga studio or two that really clearly reflect my mission. The rest I’d invest in/create cruelty free companies, create charitable initiatives and donate to non-profits.
10. If you were reincarnated as an animal, what would you be? Everyone tells me I would be a dragon.
11. What’s your favourite colour? Blue everything.
12. What’s the scariest thing you’ve ever done? Decided to move away from my family and friends.
13. Would you do it again? yes, although I miss them, it has been an incredible experience in many ways.
14. Who would play you in a movie about your life? Natalie Portman.
15. What’s your favourite quote? Anything from Paulo Cohelo’s The Alchemist. “Don’t give into your fears. If you do, you won’t be able to talk to your heart.”
Read more from Laura here