Melbourne-to-Paris art maven Emilee is a crucial part of team Vilda – this space wouldn’t look half as stylish if it wasn’t for her. Designing our layouts isn’t Emilee’s only contribution to the magazine: she’s also the voice behind our trés chic Paris guides. Get to know our design mastermind better with these 15 questions.
1. Where in the world are you based?
2. What do you love about being on Team Vilda?
Working alongside such beautiful-hearted people to show how wonderful it can be to make more healthy, eco-friendly, compassionate choices; bringing some of the things we love the most (like cake!) direct to internet-viewing screens the world over.
3. What’s your favourite piece that you’ve done for Vilda?
I’ve written two city guides to Paris – having an article to write gave me an extra excuse to visit my favourite vegan places (and eat cake).
4. Describe your personal style in three words.
Too much black.
5. Who are your style icons?
My grandmother – and the quietly confident, super-stylish Parisians I pass in the street each day.
6. What’s your favourite food?
Chocolate – specifically, Pana Chocolate (raw, vegan, gluten-free, amazing) and Vego (incredible Italian-style vegan, gluten-free, fair-trade chocolate with hazelnuts). And CAKE.
7. What’s the last song you listened to?
‘Wild Wild Life’ by Talking Heads.
8. What are some places that you dream of visiting?
Greece, India, Scandinavia, North America’s national parks, all of the castles in Europe…
9. What would you do if you won £10million in the lottery tomorrow?
A whole lot of philanthropy.
10. If you were reincarnated as an animal, what would you be?
Any kind of bird in the Amazon.
11. What’s your favourite colour?
12. What’s the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
Jumped out of a plane.
13. Would you do it again?
14. Who would play you in a movie about your life?
15. What’s your favourite quote?
“Do everything with so much love in your heart that you would never want to do it any other way.”