The wait is over! Summer is finally upon us, and the season of long days, short shorts, and fruity drinks will surely include a beach party or two. Whether you will be spending your summer at home, the fabulous French Riviera, or a small island nobody’s yet heard of, you will probably want to get glammed up at some point. Here are three hot trends to try this summer – all the beauty inspiration you need.
Healthy, sun-kissed skin can be faked or accentuated with natural-looking bronzer. The trick to making it look like a natural summer glow is to lightly dab bronzer with a brush across the nose, cheeks, temples, and brows. If you’d like a more party-ready bronzed look, follow the steps below!
1. Apply your foundation and concealer as usual and fill in your brows.
3. Blend the eyeshadow with a darker bronze shadow, like Brassed Off from Lily Lolo.
4. Next, we want to highlight the inner corners of your eyes to give a fresh and healthy look. Try Virgin from Urban Decay.
5. Apply a brown eye pencil on your lower and upper lash line to really frame the eyes. Try Wet n Wild Color Icon in Bronzed.
6. Add mascara. Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara is a favorite!
7. Now, gently dab bronzer across your nose, cheeks, temples, and brows. We really love All Over Face Color in Warmth from bareMinerals. The retractable bronzer brush from Real Techniques is perfect for this!
8. Add a peachy blush on your cheeks. Primrose from Everyday Minerals is a perfect, peachy shade.
9. Finish off with a nude lipgloss, like the lovely shade Peek A Boo from ILIA
Orange is the New Nude!
This summer, why not try something new and go for a bright splash of orange instead of nude? The orange lip has been trending for a while but this year, this energetic shade is It – be it your on shorts or on your lips! Orange can really add that extra oomph to any outfit. Finding vegan orange lipsticks is no easy task, but we’ve managed to locate some fabulously fruity lippies with different finishes. Here’s how to wear orange lipstick to perfection:
1. Apply your foundation and concealer.
2. Make sure to fill in your brows – don’t be afraid to go a little bit darker than you usually do.
3. Add just a subtle touch of matte brown shadow in the crease of your eye lids
4. Apply your favorite mascara
5. Lastly, apply your favorite shade of orange lipstick, here are some to choose from:
1. Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Bang is a bright red-orange shade with a creamy shine finish.
2. NYX Cosmetics Black Label Lipstick in Citrine – a creamy lipstick with a smooth finish. Citrine is the perfect bright, red-orange shade.
3. Lippygirl Vegocentric Organic Vegan Lipstick in the shade Son of A Brick is the perfect subtle orange for those who don’t want to go all-out.
4. LIP INK Lipgel Lipstick in Neon Orange is a bright, intense orange lip stain that won’t smear.
5. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar Matte in Beta will give you a bright orange, matte finish.
Blue Velvet Eyes
When we say blue eyeshadow, you probably get flashback images of an 80’s prom, your very first eyeshadow palette that smelled kind of weird, or Mimi from The Drew Carey Show that made you afraid of ever touching a blue eyeshadow again! But erase all that and fast forward to the catwalks of SS14 where blue eye shadow was a huge trend at Marc Jacobs, Miu Miu, and many more. Here’s how you can create that trendy, blue eye without looking like your aunt did in the 80’s:
- Keep the rest of your makeup neutral – a bit of concealer and foundation and just a hint of mascara will do.
- Apply the blue eye shadow on your lids but don’t take it higher than the crease. You can blend it for a more “natural” look or keep as is for a more raw and trendy look.
- If wearing blue eye shadow sounds a bit scary, try adding a bit of blue on your lower eyelid and/or use a blue liner on your waterline.
- You could also try applying a colorful, blue winged gel liner on your upper lid.
Feeling up to the task? Check out some blue eye products that will help you create the perfect blue look:
1. Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Peace is a bright turquoise shade.
2. Sugarpill Pressed Eyeshadow in Velocity is a matte, royal blue shade.
3. E.L.F. Single Eyeshadow in Sea Blue is the perfect blue on a budget!
4. Josie Maran’s eyeshadow set Argan Beautiful Eyes in Blues contains four shadows and a blue shadow liner
5. Makeup Geek Gel Liner in the vibrant blue shade Electric.
6. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil in Chaos is a perfect, blue waterline liner.