Christmas just wouldn’t be Christmas without a festive party or two, and it’s an occasion where every girl wants to look her best. If you are struggling for glamorous makeup ideas, look no further as we bring you three fabulous, sparkling party looks that are sure to get you turning heads.
Smoulder in silvery smokey eyes
You can’t go wrong with the classic smokey eye. This look sees it prettified with accents of shimmery silver.
1. Start by applying Lily Lolo Mineral Eye Shadow in Angelic all over your eyelids and up to the brows. Then, using a fine brush, apply a little all along the lower lash line and into the inner corner of your eyes.
2. Next apply Beautiful Movements Cosmetics Eye Shadow in Platinum Tiara all over your eyelids, blending well into the crease.
3. Then use Everyday Minerals Eye Shadow in Little Black Dress to accentuate the outer corners of your eyes. Start about halfway along the upper lash line and blend outwards and up into the outer half of the crease of your eyelids. Make sure all the colours are blended well – there shouldn’t be any harsh lines.
4. Apply black eyeliner all the way along your upper lash line. The Silk Gel Liner in Film Noir by Tropic is perfect for this – use the smudger on the end of the pencil to soften the line. For a cat’s eye effect, slightly extend the line beyond the outer corners of your eyes. For an even more dramatic effect, line your lower lashes and the inner rims as well.
5. Add a touch of sparkle by applying Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in Glamrock to the inner half of your upper and lower lash lines and into the inner corner of your eyes.
6. Curl your lashes and apply two or three coats of a black mascara such as Arbonne It’s a Long Story™ .
7. Sweep Bohemian Chic Minerals Blush in Shimmery Frost over the apples of your cheeks.
8. Keep lips simple by adding a touch of Enigma Lip Glaze by Face Atelier.
9. Finish the look by painting your nails with SpaRitual Nail Lacquer in Charleston.
Red lips that will turn heads
The red lip is another classic look that suits everyone. Here we have teamed it with golden glittery eyes and shimmery skin for an uber-glam effect.
1. Apply a neutral base eye shadow to your eyelids such as Casino by ZuZu Luxe.
2. Use Afterglow Cosmetics Organic Satin Eye Shadow in Lavish all over your eyelids, blending well into the crease. Use a little on the brow bone to highlight the area.
3. Line your upper lash line with Cocoa Eye Liner by Arbonne.
4. Apply Barry M Yellow Gold Fine Glitter Dust to the inner half of your eyelid and the inner corners of your eyes. Don’t worry if a few flecks of glitter land on your cheeks – it only adds to the pretty effect.
5. Coat your lashes with black or brown mascara. We love Full Volume Mascara by Beauty Without Cruelty.
6. Apply Barefaced Beauty Mineral Blusher in Freya to your cheeks.
7. Use a highlighter such as Alima Pure Luminous Shimmer Powder in Luna to add a pretty glow to your skin. Sweep it over your cheekbones, across your forehead, down the centre of your nose and just above the centre of your upper lip.
8. Apply a bold, red lipstick such as Pomegranate by PHB Ethical Beauty. Use a tissue to blot, then apply another layer. If you want to be more precise, use a brush to carefully line and fill in your lips. Make sure you keep your lipstick close throughout the evening for any top ups!
9. Glitz up your nails with LVX Nail Lacquer in Alchemy. You could even add a little of the Barry M glitter to the tips of your nails for extra sparkle.
Green is instantly one of the colours that come to mind when you think of Christmas. In terms of fashion and beauty, emerald green has been huge in 2013. Here we show you how to stand out from the crowd with glamorous emerald eye makeup.
1. Begin by applying a nude toned eye shadow all over your eyelids. Sand Dune by Lily Lolo is perfect.
2. Highlight your brow bone with Everyday Minerals Eye Shimmer in Floating Feathers.
3. Next apply an emerald green shade such as Beautiful Movements Cosmetics Eye Shadow in Emerald Showers. Blend well into the crease of your eyelids, and extend slightly beyond the outer corners of your eyes for a dramatic winged effect. Use a fine brush to apply the colour all along your lower lash line and into the inner corners of your eyes.
4. Apply Beauty Without Cruelty Eye-Defining Pencil in Black all along your upper lash line and to the inner rims of your eyes.
5. Dab Bellapierre Cosmetic Glitter in Greenastic onto the inner thirds of your eyelids and the inner corners of your eyes to make them really sparkle.
6. Curl your lashes and apply several coats of Zuzu Luxe Mascara in Onyx.
7. Apply a shimmery peach coloured blush to your cheeks such as Freja by Alima Pure.
8. Keep lips neutral with a slick of Inika Lipstick in Naked Ambition.
9. Carry on the glamorous green theme by painting your nails with Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Nail Lacquer in Man By Man.